The lovely Madeline of Cappuccino and Fashion tagged me for The Beauty Blogger Tag a little while ago, I am finally getting around to replying!
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started my blog a whopping three years ago back in February 2011. I was actually looking at places to start a Wedding website when I stumbled across blogs and Frugal February. I decided to take part in Frugal February and to start a blog documenting my progress in this and life in general, things just grew from here as writing my blog helped me to discover other blogs which taught me just how much you could actually do with a blog.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I really cannot remember whose blog I first fell in love with, a lot of the bloggers that I followed back in the day have now stopped blogging. The blog that I have been reading for the longest is probably Lilly Melrose, I really enjoy both her fashion and beauty blogs.
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation and yes, it was definitely worth the hype and is still my go to foundation for bad skin days.
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
1. Writing a blog pushes me to be more creative in a lot of areas in my life, which is never a bad thing.
2. I love being part of the blogging community, I know it can be bitchy at times but generally it is such a nice community where we all stick together.
3. Meeting new people. I have met so many nice people through blogging which has greatly improved my confidence and my friends list :)
4. Followers, people who actually read my blog amaze me, I still can't believe that you're here!
5. Being lucky enough to hear about and discover new products for review purposes, I have tried so many products and previously wouldn't have been on my radar.
What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
Dark days suck for photography purposes | don't be afraid to ask, there is a massive community of people willing to help | be more confident we are all in the same boat after all.
Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
Beauty blogging has opened up my eyes to the more expensive brands that I would never have considered previously, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing haha!
What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
Be patient. Provide great content and photos and just keep doing what you love. The followers may not come for a while but they will eventually. Follow and comment on other blogs to get yourself out there and also be active on Twitter with both brands and fellow bloggers.
What are your top 5 makeup brands?
1. Urban Decay - eyeshadows
2. Mac - Lipsticks
3. Benefit - Everything
4. ELF - Mid-range price, great products.
5. MUA - Cheap products, some great some not so great but always worth trying
Recommend your top 5 beauty products:
1. Estee Lauder Maximum coverage foundation for bad skin days
2. Benefit Hello Flawless foundation for okay skin days
3. Urban Decay Naked Palette
4. Mac Lipsticks
5. Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer
Thanks for the tag Madeline! I tag everyone who would like to join in, let me know in the comments or on Twitter if you do take part!
This is a scheduled post as I am currently in North Wales.