McDonald's have recently partnered with the National Literacy Trust, Penguin Random House Children’s UK and the Roald Dahl Literary Estate to help encourage family reading time in the UK with the McDonald’s Happy Readers initiative. McDonald's will be giving away millions of books containing excerpts from some of Roald Dahl’s most loved stories in their Happy Meals.
As well as receiving exciting goodies in Happy Meals such as the above you can also download the Happy Studio App to bring story time to life with sound effects and responses to compliment the books. You can also redeem the voucher on the Happy Meal box to purchase either ‘Mischief and Mayhem’ or ‘Spotty Powder And Other Splendiferous Secrets’ at participating WH Smith stores for just £1.
McDonald’s have carried out research into story time and can reveal the top five ingredients for extraordinary Roald Dahl-inspired storytelling, voted for by kids aged 5-11:
1. Funny voices to bring to life different characters (70%)
2. Sounds effects and strange, surprising noises (43%)
3. Facial gestures and expressions to make them laugh (27%)
4. Parents, grandparents and siblings taking it in turns to read (20%)
5. Acting out scenes from their favourite storybook (17%)
McDonald's will be hosting various family fun days during the six weeks of the initiative, search for your nearest event here.
You can find out more about the Happy Readers Initiative here.
*I received the promotional items for review purposes*